How do you get through the holidays without the ones you spent them with ??

I can't go to my sisters house, They don't understand I spent all my holidays with Mama,and all I get out of one  them is Mama wouldn't want you to do this Tina, and I lashed out  with well Mama isn't here to tell me that now is she!I  my one sister her in-laws didn't like my mom, the other one she can just put things out of sight out of mind , I don't want them miserable , I just want to understand and let me  be I am open to suggestions Please!! Does anyone else feel the same?

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

i know what youmean for my mom and me this was are favorite time of the year especially thanksgiving that i would always help her cook it was like our mother daughter bonding. we use to always sit together at the table i use to always make a little prayer and we all ate together as a family. This year was so completely different because my boyfriends mother is a jahova witness and she brought them up with that mentality but there grandma does celebrate it so everyone ate no one together no sitting as a family no little prayer no nothing i got so depressed it was extreamly hard for me

RSS

Latest Activity

Emma Jansen posted discussions
Sep 25
Holly is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Sep 1
Claire Dupont is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Aug 18
Albiona Bendaj is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Aug 4
Wendy Kalamar is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Aug 1
Hannah joined Laura Rozier's group
Thumbnail

Losing Someone to Drug Overdose

If you've lost someone you loved due to them overdosing on drugs, let's talk about it here.See More
Jul 21
Hannah posted a discussion

Does anyone else feel pressure to always reply because you're afraid it'll be the last conversation?

Hi everyone. This is my first post here.I lost my brother in December 2024 to an accidental overdose. He passed away suddenly in his sleep. We were only a year and a half apart in age, and he was the closest person I've ever had.One thing I've been struggling with ever since is that I feel an overwhelming pressure to reply to texts and answer calls as soon as I can. If someone messages me and I don't respond right away, my mind starts thinking, "What if something happens to them before I reply?…See More
Jul 21
Profile IconHannah and Alyona joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Jul 21

© 2026   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service