Hi Everyone, I am new to this site and the group. I lost my mom on Aug 24th to

Leukemia. I am her only child and we were so very close. I am wondering, does it

ever get better? I know I am glad she is no longer suffering. I just wasn't ready for

her to leave. I lost my dad in the same month last year, so this has been double hard

for me.

Views: 367

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know, dear. I am an only child too. It gets easier but not better. I know how you feel, it's only been a few months for me. Try to stay strong and stay busy, is all I can say. 

Thanks for replying Sheila B. I am trying to be strong.  I still have had some anxiety

attacks and sadness in my heart. I try to keep my mind off of losing both my parents

by staying busy. I hope it gets better with time!

 

RSS

Latest Activity

Emma Jansen posted discussions
Sep 25
Holly is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Sep 1
Claire Dupont is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Aug 18
Albiona Bendaj is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Aug 4
Wendy Kalamar is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Aug 1
Hannah joined Laura Rozier's group
Thumbnail

Losing Someone to Drug Overdose

If you've lost someone you loved due to them overdosing on drugs, let's talk about it here.See More
Jul 21
Hannah posted a discussion

Does anyone else feel pressure to always reply because you're afraid it'll be the last conversation?

Hi everyone. This is my first post here.I lost my brother in December 2024 to an accidental overdose. He passed away suddenly in his sleep. We were only a year and a half apart in age, and he was the closest person I've ever had.One thing I've been struggling with ever since is that I feel an overwhelming pressure to reply to texts and answer calls as soon as I can. If someone messages me and I don't respond right away, my mind starts thinking, "What if something happens to them before I reply?…See More
Jul 21
Profile IconHannah and Alyona joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Jul 21

© 2026   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service